Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Misty Day....


'Tis a misty day in the forest, 
with occasional passing thunderings. 

When I walk in the wood on a day such as this, 
I walk gently with eyes on the ground. 
There! 
a bit of bright orange,  
tucked beneath green grass and clover.


I delight in purply outlines 
and electric-orange spots 
 and tinier textures and dots... 
and sweet little quadra-pod toes. 


Further afield I went today - 
  to the river for stories and stones. 


On my way I saw layers of greens,
and red-budding trees,


and a white-belted cow looking at me...
on break from trimming the grass. 


 Fog draped the farm....


and the top of a hill, 

slow moving river -
all was quite still. 


Back in the wood, 
the sun danced 
with the beech.


Drops collected on a leaf, 


and a pink perfect wonder.


Cold winds and more thunder, 
sent the cat to hunker down under. 
Where?
 I do wonder...

 He'll come home dashing, 
between thunder and flashing. 





We'll curl by the fire,




(of this we never tire)
me,
and a 
 soggy, old cat.

3 comments:

  1. I love your poem and pictures about how you spent the day yesterday. You inspire me to get out into the woods for walks more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous...I felt like I was on the journey with you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you...
    Oberon's Wood, would have loved some company Saturday... especially at the quiet river when collection stones.... such a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and sometimes I'm good at responding right away, sometimes not! Glad you had a wander here, I hope you found the mossy path soft on your feet and heard the call of the Raven.