Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Misty Day....


'Tis a misty day in the forest, 
with occasional passing thunderings. 

When I walk in the wood on a day such as this, 
I walk gently with eyes on the ground. 
There! 
a bit of bright orange,  
tucked beneath green grass and clover.


I delight in purply outlines 
and electric-orange spots 
 and tinier textures and dots... 
and sweet little quadra-pod toes. 


Further afield I went today - 
  to the river for stories and stones. 


On my way I saw layers of greens,
and red-budding trees,


and a white-belted cow looking at me...
on break from trimming the grass. 


 Fog draped the farm....


and the top of a hill, 

slow moving river -
all was quite still. 


Back in the wood, 
the sun danced 
with the beech.


Drops collected on a leaf, 


and a pink perfect wonder.


Cold winds and more thunder, 
sent the cat to hunker down under. 
Where?
 I do wonder...

 He'll come home dashing, 
between thunder and flashing. 





We'll curl by the fire,




(of this we never tire)
me,
and a 
 soggy, old cat.

3 comments:

Kimberly Wachtel said...

I love your poem and pictures about how you spent the day yesterday. You inspire me to get out into the woods for walks more often!

Oberon's Wood said...

Gorgeous...I felt like I was on the journey with you...

Valerianna said...

Thanks to both of you...
Oberon's Wood, would have loved some company Saturday... especially at the quiet river when collection stones.... such a lovely day.